Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last Day of School


Today was my last day at the pre-school. Only because I was there last week when Shawna and Sabrina had their last day, did I know what would happen. All the kids have a flower, stand in a circle and sing a song. I got to go around and hug each kid and collect a bouquet of flowers in the process. It was great. My class also colored fish that are now made into a mobile that I will carefully pack so that it survives the last week of my travels. I will display it proudly when I get home. I should be packing right now, but as Ryan said, "it's hard to be motivated to pack when you're leaving paradise." He's lucky, he's staying in Thailand until May.
Tonight we went on a bike ride in the country. Lots of kids waving and saying "hi" as well as a huge group of teenage boys who busted out with the "I love you." Also saw the ever present bulls with necklaces on and people seriously flying kites. We have one last hurrah tomorrow morning, we're all going out for dim sum for breakfast before the other volunteers leave for a weekend camping trip to Taratao and I head to the airport on my way to Chiang Mai.
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience with CCS. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And since I always am planning ahead to the next trip, it's time to ponder, where next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails