Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recipe: Carrot Cake Pancakes


Breakfast is big business.   I don't like getting out of bed, but I do like to go out for breakfast.   I got this recipe courtesy of Whole Foods and decided I would try to make a gourmet pancake of my own.  And since it was my personal gourmet pancake, I did not put in any raisins. 

What You Need

1 1/4 cups pancake mix (mine was Jiffy)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons of low-fat/skim milk
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (original recipe calls for 3 T oil, but only 1 T is for the cake batter, the remainder is for the griddle - mine is non-stick, so this wasn't necessary)
1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained well
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
pure maple syrup

What You Do 

In a large bowl whisk together mix and cinnamon.  Add milk and oil (1T) and whisk until combined.  Stir in pineapple, carrots and pecans until well combined.  Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion your pancakes.  Cook on skillet over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom (use your normal pancake technique of seeing it bubble first), then flip.   Batter will make 8-9 pancakes.   I served these with maple syrup, but the crushed pineapple is another option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails