Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chicken & Tortellini Soup


This whole trying to eat healthier goal is already challenging, and it's only day 5 (of the 95 days of glory, that is).   Just minutes ago I found a recipe for Cinnamon Toffee Blondies.   They look delicious and I can't wait to try them.   In April, that is.   In the meantime, I'm trying to steer my love of cooking from the channel of chocolate to the sea of salad.   So I'm looking for recipes and dishes that I won't be ashamed to put in my food journal.   

Ingredients
6 cups of water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
25 baby carrots cut into smaller pieces
2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 can cannellini beans (rinsed)
salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and parsley to taste

In a large saucepan simmer the water and bouillon until dissolved.    Add the carrots and simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender.     Add the tortellini and simmer until tender 4-5 minutes.   Add the chicken, beans and spices and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.     Enjoy!

adapted from Real Simple

Random Small Victory:
Today at the gym I told my trainer that I bought smoked almonds.   He told me that I should return them because they have high fructose corn syrup.   I said no.   When I got home I checked the label.  No HFCS in sight.   Jenni - 1point.  Trainer - 0.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails