Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Favorite Fruit Dip


After my first year of college, I had a summer internship with a local university working in food service and catering.    I don't remember anything else from that experience (other than the stylish red and blue polo shirts) other than this fruit dip.     Three ingredients and it's a winner each time.    And now that I'm trying to commit to healthy eating as a part of the 95 days to glory (1 day down, 94 to go) this recipe helps me keep my sweet tooth in check without jumping off the deep end....into a vat of cookie dough, for instance.   

1  8oz block of reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all three ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.    Spoon into a bowl or a hollowed out piece pineapple (or grapefuit, or orange) and dip all those nutrition-packed fruits you love.  In moderation of course. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails